Sandy's Land 2013 Recap of a few GREAT Things
1. Sandy’s Land hosted the 2nd Annual Detroit Doll Show on Saturday, December 14, 2013 from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at the Dr. Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History. This was the first snow storm where there was 3 to 6 inches of snow, however. There were over 180 people who attended the Detroit Doll Show. There were vendors from Chicago, IL; Brooklyn, New York; Canada, Ontario; Grand Rapids, MI and Metro Detroit, MI. Debbie Garrett, Author and Black Doll Enthusiast participated in a phone interview from Dallas, Texas. Sandra Epps the host was featured in the Detroit News, B.L.A.C. Magazine and on the Brenda Perryman Show in regards to the Detroit Doll Show. All media outlets contacted Ms. Epps personally without them ever receiving a Press Release. GoOD News Travel’s. Thank you to Whitney Wade, Debbie Garrett, LaJeana Kennedy, Erica Millbrooks, Frantz Harris, Michele Sapp, Zawadi, Sumarah Yaa, Natalie Durham, Yolanda Wilson, Delanda Lewis, Earnestine Epps, Jerry Love, Andrea House, Terry Crawford, Jamie Kelly, Dr. Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History Staff Cedric and Drake and all the attendees who supported the event.
2. Sandra Epps, Founder of Sandy’s Land and SHE’S Empowered (Sisters Helping Encourage Sisters) was listed as one of 100 Most Beautiful Women in the History of Detroit, The Native Detroiter, Spring/Summer 2013 Issue.
3. Hosted a Etiquette Class for the Girl’s Club at the University of Prep Science and Math Academy in Detroit, MI.
4. Ms. Epps received an award for “25 Most Influential Women in Detroit” sponsored by Heineken, Mix 92.3 FM and Inon Productions, Inc.
5. Face Painted for Hot 102.7 FM Kick Off of the Mindless Behavior Concert and the UniverSOUL Circus.
6. Sandy’s Land service Face Painted Zombie Faces on the Mosaic Youth Group for their Thriller Performances for two nights.
7. Ms. Epps was a featured speaker at Timbuktu Academy Author and Family Night. In addition, Girl Power Discover the Princess Within was a raffle gift at the Chicago based "Living Life" with Lupus Support Group, Family and Friends Day.
Photo from Bettie Carter's Lupus Support Group 2013 event in Chicago, IL
8. Sandy’s Land added Character visit to their list of entertainment.
9. Ms. Sandy did story time as an Elf on December 23, 2013. (Magic Tree was the topic)
Business Increased at Day Care Centers by %20
10. Face Painted for WCCCD Book Fair and Toddlers Harvest Festival and was a vendor at the Black Comic Convention (Motor City Black Age 2013) in Detroit, MI