Basic Etiquette From Sandy’s Land
Table Manners not only include proper eating, it also shows considerate for others.
- Always say thank you when served something, this shows appreciation.
- Eat with a fork unless the food is meant to be eaten with your fingers, such as finger foods. For example, tea sandwiches, cookies and small desserts can be eaten with your fingers. Eat slowly to enjoy the food and this helps with better digestion as well. Wait at least 5 to 10 seconds after swallowing before getting another forkful of food.
- Do not stuff your mouth full of food, it is not a pleasant sight to others and you could possibly choke.Always use a napkin to dab your mouth. Remember to keep napkin in your lap when not in use.
- Do not reach over someone’s plate for anything. Politely ask that the item be passed to you. This shows consideration to the person sitting next to you.
5. Chew with your mouth closed. No one wants to hear smacking it does not look good and it annoys other. And Do Not Talk with your mouth full.
6.Do not pick anything out of your teeth while sitting at the table, nor should you blow your nose at the table. Excuse yourself to go into the restroom to pick your teeth and nose (blow nose) J
7. If the meal is not buffet style, it is most proper and considerate to wait until everyone is served before eating. In addition, when eating rolls, tear off a piece of bread before buttering.
8. Always sit with a straight back. Do Not hunch over your plate. Make sure that your wrists or forearms rest on the table. Or place hands on your lap.
9. Don’t make any rude comments about any food being served because this may hurt someone’s feeling.
Table at Sandy's Land 2012 Sweets with Santa Christmas ParTEA held at the Fellowship Chapel