10 Tips to Make Your DREAM A Reality
1. Create your Vision Board…When you see IT you can be it. Affirm your Success with your DREAM Pillow. Dr. King said, “We must never allow ourselves to become satisfied with unattained goals. We must always maintain a kind of divine discontent.”
2. Journal your ideas. Start with attainable goals this will help you to get things rolling and keep you encouraged. You don’t want to become discourage in the process of obtaining your new home, storefront, trip to Paris, new career whatever your DREAM maybe. So, if you need additional time to acquire resources to fulfill your mission, give yourself that extra time. For example, you may need to take a percentage from every check to reach your $10,000 down payment for your new home, or you may need that money for your 1 month stay in Paris. Or you may need to seek assistance from various business support groups, Chamber of Commerce, SCORE, or do research to write a business plan and then submit to banks or personal investors. Set timely goals, 1 month, 6 weeks, 1 year what’s important is that you put a time on it and meet that deadline. WRITE THE VISION AND MAKE IT PLAIN. Revelation 1:19 says, “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.
3. Release the Negative and embrace the Positive. Your thoughts and words have power. And you definitely need to stay clear from DREAM killers or people who have Negative-idis. Mark Twain said, “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that but the really great make you feel that you too can become great!” Surround yourself Winners.
4. Get a mentor. Whatever your DREAM is seek out an individual who has obtained what you desire. Try to emulate them. If you know them personally get them to be your mentor.Les Brown says, “YOU GOT TO BE HUNGER!” Are you HUNGER for your DREAM? Be persistence! Pretend you are the energizer bunny and keep going until you reach your DREAM.
5. Volunteer! Blessings come from tiding your time. It’s an opportunity to learn something new, establish new friendship, and it is great networking. In addition, this is most beneficial if it is a career that you’re seeking to enter. In regards to blessings they do transpire from Volunteering.
6. Increase your FAITH! Don’t allow fear to paralyze you. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said, “Take the first step in faith, You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
7. Get tunnel VISION, Stay FOCUS. Keep your eyes on the prize. There will be set backs but use these as learning tools. “The road ahead will not always be smooth. There will be rocky places of frustration and meandering points of bewilderment. There will be inevitable setbacks here and there. There will be those moments when the buoyancy of hope will be transformed into the fatigue of despair. Our dreams will sometimes be shattered and our ethereal hopes blasted…Difficult and painful as it is, we must walk on in the days ahead with an audacious faith in the future.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
8. Do your research. Knowledge is POWER. The more you know the further you will go.
9. Expand your Horizon, DREAM bigger. Don’t place limits on your Destiny of GREATNESS. Take your life to the next level.
10. Have a Gratitude Attitude and this allows new blessings to flow your way.
Embrace your PASSION. Ignite your Power. Pursue your PURPOSE. Plan your PROGRESS and watch your BLESSINGS peek to its full POTENTIAL! Just know YOUR BEST is yet to COME! - Sandra Epps
WORDS FROM DR. KING'S I HAVE A DREAM SPEECH
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream that...little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.